TR CU 017/2011 Light industry products (EAC certification of clothing)
During the import of light industry products (clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, etc), the goods should be accompanied by Certificate or Declaration of conformity with Technical regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of light industry products” (TR CU 017/2011). Our certification agency will help to arrange these documents issue.
Why might this be relevant to you?
The Technical Regulation TR CU 017/2011 «On safety of light industry products» applies to the following products:
- outerwear (coats, fur coats, raincoats, jackets, capes, jumpers, vests, suits, blouses, skirts, dresses, shorts, shirts, sets, robes, trousers, overalls, leggings, tracksuits, sports pants and other similar products)
- knitted clothes
- hosiery (tights, stockings, leggings, socks, culottes and other similar products)
- gloves and mittens
- scarfs, kerchiefs, ties
- dresses (including sarafans, bathrobes aprons and other similar product)
- underwear (bras, corsets and other similar products)
- headwear (caps, hats, panama, berets and other similar products)
- footwear (boots, ankle boots, shoes, sandals and other similar products)
- leather goods products (bags, suitcases, briefcases, backpacks, cases, folders, belts, belts for watches and other similar products)
- furs and fur products
- artificial fur and pile fabric
- bedding items (blankets, pillows and other similar products)
- bedspreads, curtains, kitchen and table linen, tablecloths and other similar products
- machine-made carpets and floor coverings
- towels, bathing products, handkerchiefs
TR CU 017/2011 is not applied to:
- used and second hand products
- custom-made products
- products intended for children and teenagers
- medical products
- special clothing, uniform, products for individual protection and materials used to make them
- textiles and fabrics for the manufacture of packaging
- products and materials for technical purposes
- souvenirs and art products
- sport uniforms and products designed to equip sports teams
- perfume and cosmetics
- wigs, etc.
The document type is determined in accordance with clothing layer.The products of 1st layer (clothing with direct contact with the body) should be covered by Certificate TR CU. The products of 2nd and 3rd layer (pants, shirt, coat, jackets etc.) should be covered by Declaration TR CU.
There are special requirements for EAC labeling of apparel, shoes and bags.
EAC Certificates/Declaration requires an Applicant that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers Local Representative Service (EAC Authorized Representative service) to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
In order to obtain Certificate TR CU 017/2011, the site audit is required. WWG organizes and accompanies the site audit to make it go smoothly.
Basic documents required for EAC certificates:
- Application (we will prepare);
- Copy of Local representative company’s statutory documents (our documents if WWG is applicant);
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by us, verified by the manufacturer and the applicant). If WWG acts as the Applicant, then we prepare and verify it by ourselves and the manufacturer signs it;
- Samples (1-3 sample of each composition)*;
- Description, photo of products and labeling;
- ISO certificate.
If necessary, we can assist with delivery and customs clearance of the samples.
How long does it take to issue certificates?
It takes about 10-30 working days to issue Declaration/Certificate TR CU. In addition, 5-15 working days are needed to issue a test report.
The maximum validity of the certificate is 5 years.
To process your request for EAC certification of CLOTHES, please send us the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Product name;
- HS code;
- Desciption (layer (1st, 2nd, 3rd), external composition(%), lining composition(%).
Please download and fill in the table for processing your request for certification of clothes.
To process your request for EAC certification of SHOES, please send us the following to email@example.com:
- Product name;
- HS code;
- Desciption (external composition(%), lining composition(%), insole composition; how outlsole is attached (sewn, glued, moulded, etc)).
Please download and fill in the table for processing of shoes.
Please download and fill in the table for processing of BAGS AND LEATHER ACCESSORIES.
TR CU 007/2011 “On safety of products intended for children and teenagers”