Radio frequency (RF) approvals & Telecom
There are different approvals that might be required for exporting IT & Telecom equipment to Russia depending on their characteristics and functions:
1. Telecom Declaration/Certificate for products that connect to the common network via wired or wireless means (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc.). It confirms compliance of the equipment with requirements of the Ministry of Communication. This document is valid only in Russia. Both foreign and Russian manufacturer may be the applicant. The validity is unlimited but we recommend obtaining it for 5 years.
2. Conclusion of Radio Frequency Center. Products that are imported into Russia should comply with a set of frequency and power requirements to their transmitters. If device uses a Wi-Fi b/g/n protocol but at the same time is out of allowed frequency range – manufacturer should obtain Conclusion of RFC. This document is valid within 1 year only in Russia. Only Russian resident can be applicant. Sample and testing is required.
3. License from Ministry of Industry and Trade. It is required for cross-border movement of a product in the Customs Union if its free import/export is limited. There are more than 40 categories of products covered by export/import restriction (including radio-electronic equipment, cryptographic means, psychotropic substances etc). Only an importer may apply for this license. Thus usually importers issue it themselves. It is issued for 1 year.
4. FSS Notification (Federal Security Service). All products containing cryptographic means (APIs, algorithms like AES, RSA, WPA and even HDCP installed in HDMI ports) should be covered by this document. Only Russian entity may be an applicant. It is valid in all 5 countries of the Customs Union. The validity of this document is unlimited but we recommend obtaining it for 5 years.
5. EAC certificate or declaration EMC or/and LVD may also be required.
Our company may help you with obtaining any of the abovementioned approvals. Please send your inquiries to email@example.com.