TR CU 012/2011 Ex-Proof Products (Hazardous Location)
The delivery of equipment operating in hazardous environment requires serious arrangements. Exporters should provide a package of documents in the countries of the Customs Union. Our certification center will help you organize the issuance of documents.
Why might this be relevant to you?
EAC ex Certificates require an Applicant who is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. Our company offers Local Representative Service (EAC Authorized Representative service) to provide the necessary support for foreign producers.
There are special requirements for EAC certified products regarding EAC marking.
For the export of Haz Loc Products to the Customs Union, Certificate of Conformity with Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environment” (TR CU 012/2011 EAC) is required.
This TR CU applies to electrical equipment including Ex components and non-electrical equipment intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The list of hazardous location products includes:
|cable glands||enclosures||strain gauge enclosures||alarms|
|actuators||air conditioners||fire alarm systems and detectors||horns|
|junction boxes||heaters||smoke detectors||sensors|
|terminal boxes||plugs and sockets||flame detectors||tablets|
|control boxes||lighting||heat detectors||phones|
|switching boxes||butterfly valves||gas detectors||heat pump|
|switchboards and control units||heating jacket||signals||hoses|
|control systems||vibration transducers||signal towers||motor starters|
Please note that electrical ex-proof equipment is not subject to TR CU 004/2011 LVD.
- Applications (prepared by us);
- Copy of Local representative company’s statutory documents (our documents if WWG is applicant);
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by us, verified by the manufacturer and the applicant). If WWG is the Applicant, then we prepare and verify it by ourselves and then signed by the manufacturer;
- Normative and technical documents for manufactured products (signed assembly drawings indicating the used materials and parameters of explosion protection, electrical diagrams, operating documentation, photos);
- User manual in Russian in accordance with TR CU requirements ( if needed, we can help with elaboration or translation);
- ATEX, iECEx certificates including certificates for electrical components.
How long does it take to issue certificates?
It takes about 45 days to obtain the certificate but we recommend starting the process earlier. in addition, a site audit may be required.
The maximum validity of the certificate is 5 years.
For more information about your product, please send us the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Product name
- HS code
- Product description (manual, data sheets or catalogues)
- ATEX or IECEx certificates