How to Get GLN for EAC Certification
According to Decrees No. 478 (1) and No. 936 (2) applicant must provide the manufacturer’s GLN when registering an EAC Certificate or Declaration. GLN (Global Location Number) must be indicated in all EAC (TR CU) Certificates and Declarations.
July 1, 2021: GLN is required to register an EAC Declaration (can be omitted until September 1, 2021).
August 1, 2021: GLN is required to register an EAC Certificate.
What is GLN?
GLN is a Global Location Number. It helps identify company’s location.
WWG – Member of GS1
GS1 is a not-for-profit organization with headquarters in Belgium. GS1 develops global standards for business communication. Each country has its own authorized GS1 representative.
WWG is member of GS1 and we can help you obtain GLN.
- We take your company name & country and check whether you already have GLN
- We provide you with costs & conditions for GLN registration
- We prepare application for GLN and send you draft of this application for approval
- You get GLN within 2-3 working days.
1 GLN = 1 ADDRESS = 1 YEAR
One GLN is obtained for one address only. If there are different production sites, multiple GLNs will be required. GLN should be prolonged each year.
In case EAC Certificate or Declaration is valid for 3 or 5 years GLN can be obtained for 3 or 5 year accordingly.
What is GLN needed for?
- EAC Certification - GLN is required to register EAC Certificates & Declarations;
- Company Identification - GLN carries info on company’s legal and production site locations;
- Effective Doc Flow - GLN is an identifier in e-messaging within business activity.
Know more about GLN
- GLN is unique to every enterprise. Using GLN you can easily identify not only a specific legal entity, but also its brick-and-mortar premises such as divisions, branches, warehouses, etc.
- GLN facilitates business communication. It is used to designate a sender and recipient of documents in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). No need to fill out company data in the documents every time.
- GLN is required for EAC certification. Global Location Number is indicated in all EAC Certificates and Declarations (new requirement introduced in 2021).
(1) Decree No. 478 of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation 31.07.2020
(2) Decree No. 936 of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation dated 19.06.2021