What should be indicated in the label of apparel, bags, shoes?
Label (marking) is a text or graphic image that should be placed on product, product tag, product packaging or product leaflet. It contains information about the product that must be provided to the consumer before and after the product purchase.
The main requirements for the marking of the light industry products are indicated in Section 9 “Requirements to the product marking” of the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union (TR CU 017/2011) “On safety of light industry”. According to this Section, labeling should contain the following information:
- Product name;
- Country of manufacturing;
- Name of the manufacturer, or distributor, or representative;
- Legal address of the manufacturer, or distributor, or representative;
- Product size;
- Raw materials from which the clothes are made;
- Trademark (if available);
- EAC mark;
- Warranty (if needed);
- Date of manufacturing;
- Batch number (if needed).
Depending on the product type, the following data may also be indicated:
- Ratio of synthetic and natural fibers;
- Recommendations and symbols for the care of the product;
- Article, code or model of the product.
When clothing is made of several layers, composition of the top and lining should be indicated on the labeling.
On the labeling of fur coats and sheepskin coats, additional information should be indicated, such as type of fur, color information (or no coloring), the way to care for the product.
Tags and labels for clothing should be well readable, clear and reliable. It must be translated in Russian or national language of the state-member of the Customs Union where the product will be sold. It is possible to use special generally accepted symbols and signs.
Indication of such wording as “environmentally friendly”, “orthopedic” and other similar instructions without corresponding confirmations are not allowed.
If you have any question, feel free to send your inquiries to email@example.com.