Metrology Type Approval (PAC, MPA) in Russia
Metrology Pattern Approval (MPA) (or Metrology certificate, Measuring Instruments Certificate, Pattern Approval Certificate for Measuring Instruments, MPA or PAC) confirms compliance with the laws and requirements of the Russian Federation and is issued by the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart).
MPA is not a part of EAC certification and should be obtained for each country of the Customs Union.
Why might this be relevant for you?
If you plan to supply meteorological equipment to Russia, you should confirm the successful passing of meteorological and technical tests. This certificate is necessary for operation in the Russian Federation.
It is necessary to obtain MPA for such products as pressure gauges, temperature sensors, water meters, and other measuring devices to be used for state supervision and control measurements.
MPA for the mass production goods has a validity period of 5 years and covers a particular type of measuring instruments.
Certificate for a batch of products or a single product has no expiration date. It is valid only for measuring instruments with serial numbers indicated in the document
Basic required documents:
- A set of technical documents (manual, technical data sheets, etc.) – in Russian;
- Power of attorney from manufacturers allowing to represent their interests when obtaining Metrology pattern approval for measurement instrument;
- 1-2 samples of these devices with the best measurement accuracy*;
- ISO certificates (if available);
- Certificates and Declaration of conformity to EU directives (if available).
How long are certificates issued?
Lead time: up to 6 months.
MPA can be renewed for another 5 years. In this case, neither additional site audit nor sample test is required. MPA renewal is possible if:
- No significant changes as to the design of the equipment were made
- No changes to a calibration procedure were made
- There are no customer complaints about quality of a measuring device.
Please note that all the necessary documents for renewal of the MPA should be submitted at least 40 business days prior to the expiration date of the previously issued certificate.
For more information about your product, please send info to email@example.com:
- Name of the product
- HS code
- Technical data with metrological characteristics.