GOST Certification (GOST R)
GOST Certificate is the oldest conformity certificate in Russia and the countries of the Customs Union. The national quality system is marked with a symbol (R - Russia, etc.). Currently, GOST R is gradually being replaced by the TR CU certification system with several exceptions and soon will be completely withdrawn.
Why might this be relevant to you?
Some products in Russia still should be covered by GOST R certificates. There are two official documents which confirm compliance of the products in GOST R system:
- Certificate of Conformity GOST R:
- MANDATORY CERTIFICATE
- VOLUNTARY CERTIFICATE
- Declaration of Conformity GOST R
Mandatory certificate of conformity confirms the quality of the goods. It can be issued for a batch of goods or for serial production.
Voluntary certificate is a marketing tool. Although in accordance with the law, the product is not subject to labeling, the GOST approval mark inspires confidence among buyers.
Declaration of Conformity GOST R is issued only for the products which require certification. It is issued for a particular list of the goods, such as polyethylene pipes, steel ropes, high voltage equipment, medical equipment, household chemicals.
Basic required documents for GOST Certificates:
- Application (filled in by us, verified by Local representative);
- Operation documents, with the equipment characteristics (technical data sheet or instruction, or manual in Russian) (we may help with translation if required);
- ISO certificate (if any);
- Certificates and declarations of conformity to EU directives (if any).
How long are certificates issued?
Lead time – 1-2 weeks.
Validity term – batch, 1 to 5 years.
For more information about your product, please send info to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of the product
- HS code
- Technical data