TR CU 004 LVD & TR CU 020 EMC
Certain documents should be issued for products exported to Customs Union countries (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan)
Why might this be relevant to you?
The delivery of electrical equipment to the countries of the Customs Union is accompanied by the preparation of standard documents:
1. TR CU «On safety of low-voltage equipment» (ТR СU 004/2011) refers to electric products meant to be used at nominal voltage of 50 up to 1000 V alternate current and of 75 up to 1500 V direct current.
2. TR CU «Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means» (ТR СU 020/2011) refers to electric products that may cause electromagnetic interference and/or operation quality of which depends on exposure to external electromagnetic disturbances apart from technologies with passive electromagnetic compatibility or used by manufacturers of other technical resources.
TR CU 004/2011 and TR CU 020/2011 cover the following products:
- Cables, wires and cords
- Lighting equipment
- Home electronics
- PC and office appliances, video & audio equipment etc.
Basic documents required for EAC Сertificates:
- Application (completed by us, verified by Local representative);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter). If we act as the Local representative, these are WWG documents;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative). If WWG is the Local representative, then we prepare and verify it by ourselves and the manufacturer;
- Technical description of all declared products;
- Technical passport (WWG helps with eloboration);
- Test reports on the equipment performed by the manufacturer, a person authorized by the manufacturer and/or an accredited testing laboratory (if available);
- ISO 9001:2008 (if available).
Please note that EAC Certificates require an Applicant who is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers Local Representative Service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support. This lets multiple end customers use the same certificates and declarations with the Power of Attorney (which is only issued upon Manufacturer’s request).
There are special requirements for EAC certified products regarding EAC marking.
How long does it take to issue certificates?
The execution period is 5-20 working days.
The maximum validity is 5 years. These documents can be issued for up to 1, 3, 5 years or for a batch.
To receive information related to your product, please send us the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Product name
- HS code
- Technical data