EAC Certification of products for children (TR CU 007/2011)
During the export of products for children, the goods should be accompanied by Certificate or Declaration of conformity with Technical regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of products intended for children and teenagers” (TR CU 007/2011). Our certification agency will help you to arrange these documents issue.
Why might this be relevant to you?
TR CU 007/2011 applies to products intended for children under 18 years, including:
- children's clothing (coats, capes, costumes, envelopes for newborns, overalls, jackets, suits, skirts, pants, dresses, shirts, tops, blouses, skirts, shorts, bathing ware, undergarments, sleepwear, lingerie, vests, caps, hats, collars, cuffs, trim, gloves, mittens, socks, sweaters)
- shoes for kids (boots, ankle boots, shoes, sandals and other footwear)
- prams, strollers and bicycles
- books and magazines for children
- school supplies office supplies (pens, markers, rulers, pencils, erasers stationery, notebooks, diaries, brushes)
- bed linen (blankets, handkerchiefs, towels, pillows, bedding)
- sanitary ware (bath, toilet potty)
- disposable sanitary-hygienic products (diapers, underwear and hygienic cotton swabs (for the nose and ears)
- crockery, cutlery and utensils (cups, saucers, drinking bowl, plates, spoons, forks, bottles, tableware)
- toothbrushes, electric-powered toothbrushes, gum massagers
- backpacks, bags for kids
TR CU 007/2011 is not applied to:
- medical products
- baby food
- perfume and cosmetics
- sport goods and equipment
- teaching materials, textbooks, etc.
- toys and board games
- custom-made products
If the product is intended for use of children under 3 years old, State registration certificate (hygienic) may also be required.
Foreign manufacturer cannot be the applicant for EAC TR CU documents. EAC Certificates/Declaration requires an Applicant that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. Our company offers Local Representative Service (EAC Authorized Representative service) to provide foreign producers with the necessary support. This lets multiple end customers use the same certificates and declarations with the Power of Attorney (which is only issued upon Manufacturer's request).
The EAC labeling is required for products covered by TR CU 007/2011 “On safety of products intended for children and teenagers”.
In order to obtain Certificate TR CU 007/2011, the site audit is required. WWG organizes and accompany the site audit to make it go smoothly.
Basic documents required for EAC certificates:
- Application (WWG will prepare everything for the manufacturer to sign);
- Copy of Local representative company’s statutory documents (WWG's documents if WWG is the applicant);
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by us, verified by the manufacturer and the applicant). If WWG acts as the Applicant, then we prepare and verify it by ourselves and the manufacturer signs it;
- Samples (1-3 sample of each composition)*;
- Description, photo of products and labeling;
- ISO certificate
If necessary, we can assist with delivery and customs clearance of the samples.
How long does it take to issue certificates?
It takes about 10-30 working days to issue Declaration/Certificate TR CU. In addition, 5-15 working days are needed to issue a test report.
The maximum validity of the certificate is 5 years.
To process your request for certification of KIDS CLOTHING, please send us the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Product name;
- HS code;
- Desciption (age (0-1/1-3/3-14 years, layer (1st, 2nd, 3rd), external composition(%), lining composition(%).
Please download and fill in the table for processing of kids clothing.
To process your request for certification of KIDS SHOES, please send us the following to email@example.com:
- Product name;
- HS code;
- Desciption (age (0-1/1-3/3-14 years, external composition(%), lining composition(%), insole composition; how outlsole is attached (sewn, glued, moulded, etc)).
Please download and fill in the table for processing of kids shoes.