Case study: EAC Declaration of Conformity TR CU 020/2011 and Telecom (FAC) Declaration for Telematic modules | EAEU 2020
In our new case study we would like to illustrate what kinds of EAC approvals are needed to import telematic modules into the Customs Union.
In our case telematic modules are applied in agricultural machines, using wireless networks (cellular and wi-fi) to transmit logged data from agricultural machines to a cloud based platform.
Telematic modules fall under:
- EAC Declaration of Conformity TR CU 020/2011 “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means”;
- Telecom (FAC) Declaration;
- FSS Notification.
- Documents necessary for Declaration TR CU 020/2011:
- Registration documents of an applicant;
- Applicant contract between manufacturer and local representative (WWG offers local representative service);
- Technical manual of the product in Russian language (we can assist with translation of documents);
- Photo of the product.
- Verified Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative);
- ISO certificate (if any);
- Certificate and declaration of compliance with EU Directives (if any).
Lead time: 5 – 15 working days.
EAC Declaration is valid in all EAEU countries: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia.
- The equipment is subject to Russian Telecom (FAC) declaration. Telecom (FAC) documents are issued for each model separately. So the number of TELECOM declarations is determined by the number of declared models.
This document may or may not be requested by customs officer. It is usually required for devices that are intended for sales or use by communication providers.
Documents necessary for TELECOM declaration (Declaration of conformity in the Communication system, FAC):
- Application (completed by us, verified by the Applicant);
- Technical description;
- Local representative contract;
- CE test reports (if any);
Lead time: 45 days for FAC Declaration.
Russian Local representative is required. WWG can be Local representative for free.
FAC declaration is valid only in Russia.
- The equipment is also subject to FSS Notification. FSS notification is a document issued for equipment with encryption capabilities. It is requested by customs required to complete customs clearance.
Documents necessary for FSS Notification:
- Exact list of models/product names;
- Exact name, telephone number and address of the manufacturer;
- Legalized (apostilled or approved by consulate) power of attorney (POA) from the manufacturer (original).
Lead time: 15 - 20 working days.
- FSS Notification may be obtained only for one product name or group of similar products (same purpose, functional, cryptographic characteristics).
- Notification can be issued to any Russian legal entity to which the manufacturer issues a power of attorney, and absolutely all companies from the EAEU countries can use it as a basis for the release of goods (referring to the register).
- The power of attorney from the manufacturer must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of company and who has the right to sign the PoA.
- It is recommended to obtain the notification for 5 years since specifying an overstated period may cause questions while registration.
Russian Local representative is required. WWG can be Local representative for FSS for free.
FSS Notification is valid in all EAEU countries: Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia.
For more information about your product, please send info to email@example.com:
- Name of the product
- HS code
- Technical data