Telecom FAC Approval in Russia: New Products Subject to Approval in 2019
The discussion of the draft amendments to the national list of products that are subject to mandatory certification has been ended on August 22th. The new document will be now submitted for adoption to the Government of the Russian Federation.
The discussion was covering the revision of the nomenclature adopted by the Government of the Russian Federation No. 532 on June 25th 2009, which currently includes 7 sections of devices that perform the following functions:
- Switching systems;
- Management and monitoring systems;
- Digital transport systems;
- Accounting of the volume of communication services provided in public communication networks;
- Radio electronics;
- Execution of established actions during operational-search measures;
- Prevention of functioning of the public communications network.
The revised document suggests to introduce a new section of communication equipment into the list - passive communication equipment, which includes 2 groups: optical communication cables and couplings for their installation.
In addition, the section on communication means that execute the functions of control and monitoring systems will also be updated with a new sub-section with technical means to counter threats.
The last changes to the list of communication means that fall under certification were made back in 2015.