Technical Regulation of the Customs Union (EEU) “On safety of the equipment operating under excessive pressure” (TR CU 032/2013) has entered into force on the 1st of February 2014 and introduced EAC quality requirements for equipment using pressure during operation.
Quality confirmation is available in form of certificate and declaration of conformity for single shipment and serially produced goods. Maximum term of validity of both documents is 5 years. Please note that is not possible to obtain a certificate of conformity with term of validity less than 5 years. Certificates are issued only on the basis of a site audit or testing of samples. And it is necessary to pay inspection control fee annually.
If goods are not subject to quality confirmation, than an exemption letter stating that the goods do not require approvals may be obtained to ensure smooth customs clearance.
When expert decides what type of approval is needed, he considers the following criteria:
- Working pressure
- Volume of a vessel or a diameter of tube
- For what substances equipment is used: gas or fluids.
- Working environment:
- Group 1: working environment, consisting of a flammable, oxidizing, flammable, explosive, toxic gases, liquids and vapors in the single-phase state, as well as mixtures thereof
- Group 2: all other operating environments, not covered by group 1
After that a decision is made what document is required – a declaration, a certificate or an exemption letter.
The list of documents for submittal is also quite extensive. It includes inter alia the following:
- Safety Justification
- Factory routine tests reports
- Strength analysis (for vessels)
- Applicant – a resident of the Customs Union (EEU)
- Operation manuals (in accordance with particular GOST standards)
- Information about manufacturer
- Technical description and HS code
- A contract between a manufacturer and client in the Customs Union (EEU) or a letter of attorney in the name of an applicant
It takes from 30 to 45 days to issue a certificate.
Please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.