Classification Decision from the Russian Federal Customs Service to Export Multicomponent Equipment to Russia | WWG 2020
Classification decision (decision on classification of commodities) is a document issued by the Russian Federal Customs Service. The document makes it possible to declare individual components of equipment supplied from abroad using a single HS code during customs clearance.
The value of the import duty and the amount of other payments depend on HS code (customs tariff number). Thus, having the classification decision from the FCS of Russia, the commodities can be assigned a certain HS code in advance.
To get a classification decision, an applicant should submit an application to the Federal Executive Body of Russia authorized in the field of customs to make a preliminary decision on the classification of goods.
It is worth getting the decision on classification when:
- Multicomponent equipment is imported to Russia disassembled in several consignments. For example, this is complex equipment for the engineering industry.
- Goods intended for import have complex characteristics and can potentially be treated as several commodity items with different rates of customs duties. In order to avoid questions during the import of goods or within the framework of post-control, when the goods have already been sold, it also makes sense to get a preliminary classification decision in advance.
Purposes of obtaining a classification decision:
- optimization of the customs fees. Duties on imported goods can range from 0 to 25%;
- customs decide on the HS code faster;
- reduction in the number of documents attached to the customs declaration when classifying multi-component equipment under one HS code;
- reduction in the number of mandatory approvals when classifying multi-component equipment under one HS code.
The process of obtaining this decision is rather laborious and time-consuming. A refusal to confirm the declared HS code with the customs service might take place when incomplete information about the characteristics of the goods has been provided and/or if there have been any contradictions in the documents. Lack of necessary certificates or mistakes in presented papers can also be a reason for refusal.
WWG cannot guide you during the process of getting a classification decision.
To obtain a classification decision, you should contact specialized centers, logistics companies or your customs broker who can help you prepare a package of documents for the classification decision of the FCS of Russia.
You still should get certificates and declarations of compliance with technical regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU, EAC) and other approvals, such as FSS (FSB) Notification and others to be able to export and distribute products to Russia and EAEU.
WWG has extensive experience in issuing EAC, GOST approvals and related documents, that are necessary for customs clearance and product sales in Russia and other countries of the EAEU Customs Union (Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia).
If you would like to get our quotation on EAC certification, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full product name (model / type);
- HS code
- Technical description (manual / datasheet)