Case study: EAC Certification of Valves TR CU 032/2013 | WWG
WWG is experienced in certification of various types of machinery and equipment. Based upon this experience, we post in our news block typical certification cases. This time we would like to tell about certification of valves.
In order to export pressure working equipment such as valves, a Certificate or Declaration of conformity with the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union (EEU) “On safety of the equipment operating under excessive pressure” (TR CU 032/2013) may be required.
This document complies with the PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) in Europe.
Depending on HS code and technical characteristics of valves, they might subject to Certificate or to Declaration conformity with TR CU 032/2013 “On safety of the equipment operating under excessive pressure” or even fall into exemptions from this TR CU 032 PED. In this case an Exemption decision or a Letter of Exemption (Refusal letter) can be issued.
Such technical characteristics as Diameter, Volume, Medium, Working Environment Group, Design Pressure, Design Temperature and Manufacturing Material Standard determine the type of conformity assessment document. For more information please study the tables: Equipment categories for Group 1 and 2 of Gases and Liquids are determined in accordance with tables from the appendix of the official statement on TR CU 032/2013
Documents needed for TR CU 032 (PED):
- Application (completed by WWG, verified by Local representative*);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative* (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter);
- Technical description of all declared products in Russian – we can assist with translation for an additional charge;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepare by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative).
* In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all TR CU require a Local representative that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
The list of necessary documents for TR CU 032/2013 to be provided in Russian:
- Product passport (Technical passport), in accordance with the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 032/2013 (we can help to elaborate);
- Operating manual, in accordance with the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 032/2013 (we can help to elaborate)
- Safety justification (we can help to elaborate);
- General photo of the product and the photo of the nameplate/identification label with serial number (for the test report), the expert may take this photo during the site audit;
- Strength calculations (we can help to elaborate);
- Samples may be required and/ or production site audit (in case of Certificate).
How long does it take to issue TR CU 032/2013 Certificate and Declaration?
- Lead time for Declaration is 10-15 days, after providing all the necessary documentation and test samples to the lab; tests – 15-20 days
- Lead time for Certificate is 20-25 working days, after providing all the necessary documentation, site audit and samples tests; tests – 15-20 days
The maximum validity of the certificate and declaration is 5 years. Annual inspection control for certificate is required.
Please read more about EAC TR CU 032.
Please download and fill in Request form 032 the table. Analysis of this data will determine what type of document is required.
Please send your requests to email@example.com