Group 2 of Gases and Liquids for EAC TR CU 032/2013
Equipment operating under excessive pressure exported to the Eurasian Customs Union are subject to Technical Regulation 032/2013 "On the safety equipment of high pressure". Before exporting or selling, products such as valves, pipes, containers, heat exchangers and etc. should receive a Declaration, a Certificate or an Exemption Letter for TR CU 032.
When it comes to identifying necessary document of conformity for equipment operating under excessive pressure, a number of technical parameters are taken into account:
- product type
- model number
- customs HS code
- diameter or volume
- medium (Liquid\Gas\Vapour, etc)
- working environment group (group 1 or group 2)
- designed pressure
- designed temperature
- manufacturing material standard
Product’s working environment can belong to either of 2 existing groups:
- Group 1 includes all flammable, oxidizing, explosive, fuel, toxic and high toxic gases and liquids vapors in single phase state as well as in mixture
- Group 2 simply includes all gases and liquids that are not related to group 1
Even though most of the products tend to be designed to operate with one medium or with several media with similar properties, there are products that can be used with different working environments and in this case, it is not possible to attribute a single number. For these types of products, the group number can be identified as both 1 and 2.
Judging by technical characteristics, including working environment group, certain product can be assigned to one of 4 categories of TR CU 032/2013:
- Products that have been attributed category 1 or 2 are subject to this technical regulation and will need to receive a Declaration of Conformity.
- Meanwhile, the products that fit into category 3 or 4 are also subject to TR CU 032/2013 and will need to obtain a Certificate of Conformity.
- The equipment that cannot be assigned to any of the 4 categories based on its technical characteristics may be exempted and, in this case, will need to receive an Exemption Letter in order to pass the customs clearance and to be released into market.
Once the group number is clear, it becomes much easier to identify the necessary document using the tables from the appendix of the official statement on Technical Regulation 032/2013.
Equipment categories for Group 1 and 2 of Gases and Liquids are determined in accordance with tables from the appendix of the official statement on TR CU 032/2013:
Table 1 Categories receptacles for gases and used for working environments group 1
Table 2 Categories receptacles for gases and used for working environments group 2
Table 3 Categories pipelines intended for gases and vapors and used for working environments group 1
Table 4 Categories pipelines intended for gases and vapors and used for working environments Group 2
1. Safety devices are classified according to category 4, with the exception of safety devices manufactured (made) for the specific equipment that can be classified in the same category as the equipment for which they made (produced).
2. Category of equipment intended for use with design temperature above the transition temperature creep of metal increases by 1 (except category 4).
3. Transition temperature creep is:
- 400 0C - for carbon and low alloy steels silico;
- 450 0C - for low-alloy chromium-molybdenum and molybdenum vanadium steel;
- 525 0C - for high-chromium alloy martensitic and austenitic steels class;
- 575 0C - for the iron-nickel alloys and nickel basis.
Please note that only expert can classify the product as amendments to TR CU 32 may come into force and more characteristics may influence classification.
WWG can help you determine and obtain the necessary document for your products. Send your requests to email@example.com