Case study: EAC Certification of Ex-Proof Cameras (TR CU 012) | Haz loc
WWG has a wide experience in certification of different equipment. In order to show what documents may be required for different types of equipment, we describe recent cases of certification and our solutions.
Product: Explosion proof video camera
There are cameras designed to monitor systems or processes in hazardous areas inside and outside buildings. Such cameras that are used in hazardous locations must be certified in accordance with Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environment” (TR CU 012/2011 EAC).
WWG was requested to quote for Certificate of conformity with CU TR 012/2011 “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environments”.
Documents needed for CoC TR CU 012 (Haz loc):
- Applications (prepared by WWG);
- Copy of Local representative* company’s statutory documents (our documents if WWG is applicant);
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident);
- Normative and technical documents for manufactured products (signed assembly drawings indicating the used materials and parameters of explosion protection, operating documentation, photos);
- User manual in Russian in accordance with TR CU 012 requirements (we can help with elaboration or translation for an additional charge);
- ATEX, iECEx certificates.
* In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all TR CU require a Local representative that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
It takes about 45 days to obtain the certificate but we recommend starting the process earlier taking into account time required for factory (production site) audit and sample testing.
Due to current epidemiological situation production site audits are carried out online via telecom.
The maximum validity of the certificate is 5 years. It is also possible to get certificate for a batch. Applicant can be only Importer in this case. Delivery contact and invoice for delivery are required.
Please send your requests to email@example.com:
- Product name
- HS code
- Product description (manual, data sheets or catalogues)
- ATEX or IECEx certificates / Ex-proof markings