Operating Manual in accordance with EAC TR CU 012/2011 Ex-Proof Products (Requirements) | WWG
TR CU 012/2011 “On safety of equipment in hazardous environments” establishes requirements for equipment for use in hazardous environments, which ensures the safety of its use in explosive environments.
One of the documents required to issue a Certificate of Compliance (CoC) for equipment in hazardous environments (ex-proof equipment) is an operating manual (user’s manual / guidance).
There are special requirements for the operation manual. Thus, in accordance with the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU 012/2011) “On safety of equipment in hazardous environments”, manual should contain the following information:
- Product’s name and (or) specification (type, item, model), its parameters and characteristics affecting safety, the name and (or) trademark of the manufacturer;
- Information on equipment purpose;
- Installation, assembly, alignment and adjustment instructions;
- Instructions for using the equipment and measures to ensure security, which must be taken when operating (including the putting in operation, the use for its intended purpose, maintenance, all kinds of repair and technical inspection, a means protection to reduce the intensity and localization of the harmful factors of production, transportation and storage conditions);
- Specified attributes to service life;
- The list of fatal failures, possible staff’s (users’) mistakes leading to emergency state, and list of actions preventing above mentioned mistakes;
- Characteristics of limit state;
- Information on measures to be taken in case malfunction of the equipment is detected;
- Information on additional supply of missing (e.g. with cable gland and etc.);
- Requirements to ensure retention of ex-proof features of the equipment;
- Requirements as to packing, conservation, transportation and storage, specified storage time, instruction on timeframes for requalification of state, replacement of elements, details and parts with expired term of storage;
- Requirements to disposal of the equipment;
- Rules and terms of storage, transportation and disposal;
- Personnel qualification requirements;
- Manufacturer location and contact info;
- Name, location, contact info of the person authorized by the manufacturer, importer
- Manufacture date.
Please note that in addition to the above requirements, the manual should be provided in Russian language.
WWG can assist you with the adjustment of your current manual in accordance with the requirements of TR CU 012, so that it is suitable for issuing EAC Certificate of Compliance with this technical regulation.
You can read more here:
- TR CU 012/2011 Ex-Proof Product
- EAC TR CU 012/2011 for Ex-Proof Products (Current Requirements)
- Watch our YouTube video on TR CU 012
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org