Case study: EAC Certificate of household and office printers TR CU 004 “LVD” and TR CU 020 “EMC”
A printer is an electronic computer device designed to translate textual information or a graphic image onto paper from an electronic format. The following types of similar techniques are shared:
All such equipment put into circulation on the market of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) must be safe during operation. TR CU (EAC )certification is served to confirm the compliance of the product to generally accepted standards.
Features of the certification procedure
According to the legislation of the EAEU, household and office printers are subject to a mandatory EAC Certificate. The specified form of assessment and safety requirements, the compliance of which is checked during its implementation, is regulated by the following technical regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU):
- 004/2011 - contains safety criteria for low voltage devices;
- 020/2011 - defines the indicators of electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment.
For the legal production, import and further sale of printing equipment, the seller or manufacturer must issue a certificate of compliance with the EAC requirements.
The document is drawn up for a period of 1 to 5 years, and registration for a period of more than 1 year is followed by a subsequent annual inspection control.
Despite the fact that any EAEU and foreign companies have the right to apply for product certification, EAC Certificates require an Applicant who is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers Local Representative Service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
What is required to complete the procedure?
- Application (completed by us, verified by Local representative);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter). If we act as the Local representative, these are WWG documents;
- Copy of the valid contract with the Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative). If WWG is the Local representative, then we prepare and verify it by ourselves and the manufacturer;
- Technical description of all declared products;
- Test reports on the equipment performed by the manufacturer, a person authorized by the manufacturer and/or an accredited testing laboratory (if available);
- ISO 9001:2008 (if available).
After passing all the procedures and receiving the EAC certificate of conformity on the printer, the products can be freely sold on the territory of any country that is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan).
Stages of the certification process
- Application and submission of an application from the applicant.
- Collection and provision of the required information and samples for examination.
- Conducting laboratory expertise, drawing up a test report.
- Registration of the certificate.
Please note that printers used for industrial purposes at production sites and factories are subject to the certification in the form of EAC Declaration TR CU 004 “LVD” and TR CU 020 “EMC”.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org