Amendments №1 to the TR CU 016/2011 | EAC 2020
On August 17th, 2020, the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) published Decision №. 61 with the plan for the development of technical regulations of the EAEU and amendments to the already existing technical regulations of the Customs Union.
The document was adopted on July 10th, 2020. It will enter into force on September 16th this year.
Amendments №1 in TR CU 016/2011 will be aimed at establishing requirements for the mandatory presence of a device to prevent possible gas accumulation for gas-using equipment. It is about equipment that is intended for use in indoor spaces.
The deadline for submitting the amendments draft to the EEC is the IV quarter of 2021.
It should be reminded that TR CU 016/2011 “On the safety of devices operating on gaseous fuels” has been operating in the Customs Union for more than seven years since February 15th, 2013. According to the document the specified devices depending on their type are subject either to mandatory declaration or certification of conformity.
EAC Certification of conformity is mandatory for:
- appliances used for cooking, heating, water heating, cooling, lighting or washing (water heating gas equipment, oven, grill, stove, convector, gas boilers, etc)
- gas heating (heaters etc. combined with water circuit, convectors, stoves, hot- air heating, air conditioning with built- in gas hot-air generators)
- gas-powered provision water heater
- gas boilers
- appliances for use in commercial kitchens (kettles, ovens, roasting pans, deep fryers, chafers etc.)
- gas operated air heaters with a heat recovery function
- gas pressure regulator
- block industrial burners, etc.
EAC Declaration of conformity is required for
- portable gas heaters and tripods (tourism),
- device for automatic ignition
- gas household lamps
For more information about your product, please send info to email@example.com:
- Name of the product
- HS code
- Technical data
WWG is always glad to assist you with EAC Certifications, Declarations and with every type of TR CU approvals.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org