EAC Certification and Declaration “On Safety of Devices Operating on Gas Fuel” (TR CU 016/2011)
TR CU 016 regulates the norms that gas-powered devices imported into the Customs Union must comply with. If you are going to import devices operating on gas fuel to such countries as Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan, this article is going to be of a high importance for your company’s market expansion.
Generally, the following devices fall under TR CU 016:
- equipment for cooking, heating and hot water supply, including equipment functioning as a part of more complex devices;
- gas automatic burners and other gas-using equipment specified above;
- devices intended to be installed as an integral part of other equipment that are manufactured and sold separately from the equipment specified in paragraphs “a” and “b”, including control, regulation and security devices.
However, there are certain gas-powered devices that TR CU 016 does not touch upon:
- steam boilers with a vapor pressure of more than 0.07 MPa and hot water boilers that are capable of heating water to the temperature of more than 115 ° C;
- equipment intended for use in technological processes in industrial enterprises;
- equipment using gas as a motor fuel.
If equipment falls under TR CU 016, manufacturer is to apply for and obtain a declaration of conformity or a certificate of conformity for their products. Declaration is valid for a maximum period of 3 years, while the validity period of a certificate is up to 5 years.
The validity periods indicated above only apply at serial production. If a manufacturer decides to obtain a declaration or a certificate for a batch of their equipment, the validity period is not established.
Execution period is 15-20 working days.
The product samples are required to issue Declaration TR CU 016/2011.
Please note that EAC Certification and Declarations require an Applicant that is a legal entity registered on the territory of the Customs Union. Our company offers Local Representative Service to provide foreign manufacturers with necessary support.
If you believe that your gas-powered equipment fall into TR CU 016, and you have any current inquiry, please send us the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Product name
- HS code
- Technical description (MSDS; TDS).