The program of development of standards for toys EAC TR CU 008 was modified
December 6, 2019, the decision of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (ECE) No. 211 of December 3, 2019 was published. The decision amends the program for the development of interstate standards for the technical regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of toys” (EAC TR CU 008/2011).
The program was adopted by the ECE Board’s decision No. 275 of December 12, 2012 and included standards for the safety requirements of toys, as well as methods for their research, including sampling rules for EAC certification.
The program is set to introduce 7 new positions, including the development of 2 new standards and revision of 5. The development of GOSTs will be based on the provisions of the international standards of the ISO series, which establish requirements for toys in terms of age guidelines and Identification of individual elements of water by atomic emission spectrometry with inductively coupled plasma.
The following standards will be revised:
- GOST EN 71-1-2014 on the mechanical and physical properties of toys;
- GOST EN 71-7-2014 on requirements and test methods for finger paints;
- GOST EN 71-8-2014 on the requirements for toys for outdoor activities;
- GOST IEC 62115: 2017 on the requirements for electric toys;
- GOST IEC 60825-1: 2017 on the requirements for laser products.
Project will be conducted over the course of three years: 2019 – 2021. Each standard has its own responsible developer and there will be three participating countries of EACU total: Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org