EAC TR CU 012/2011 for Ex-Proof Products
This technical regulation of the Customs Union establishes requirements for equipment for use in hazardous environments, which ensures the safety of its use in explosive environments.
Eurasian commission pays particular attention to standards and regulations for Ex-proof products. For this reason, procedures aimed on certification of this type of products differ from other technical regulations and are deemed to be more complex.
The standards for Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of equipment in hazardous environments” are based on the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU.
As usual, before exporting Ex-proof products to the countries of the Customs Union, such products need to be certified to prove that they conform to Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of equipment in hazardous environments”.
However, unlike other technical regulations, all products that are subject to TR CU 012/2011 may only receive a certificate of conformity (CoC), as there is no declaration of conformity (DoC) for this technical regulation.
The receipt of certificate of conformity implies a necessity to conduct a production site audit analysis and selecting of samples for additional testing.
It is important to point out that TR CU 004/2011 “On safety of low voltage devices” does not apply to electric equipment designed for operation in explosive atmospheres.
Meanwhile, TR CU 010/2011 Machinery safety, TR CU 020/2011 EMC, TR CU 032/2013 PED and others may be required in addition to the Certificate of conformity to TR CU 012/2011.
In case Ex-proof products have already received ATEX or IECEx certificate, this certificate may be submitted to the certification body, which will ease and speed up the certification procedure for TR CU 012/2011.
The products that have received a certificate of conformity to Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of equipment in hazardous environments” need to be marked with a special EAC Ex marking.
TR CU 012/2011 does not apply to:
- products for medical purposes;
- equipment, the operation of which there is only a risk of explosion due to the presence of explosive and unstable chemical compounds;
- equipment for residential and non-industrial use in an environment where an explosive atmosphere is formed as a result of unexpected release of flammable gas;
- personal protective equipment;
- ships, ships inland and mixed (river-sea), mobile platforms and drilling rigs to work in marine and inland waters other floating facilities, as well as used in which machinery and equipment;
- transport vehicles for the transport of passengers and goods by air, land, rail and water transport;
- nuclear weapons research facilities organizations nuclear defense complex, except in their ranks equipment located in hazardous areas.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org