Case Study: EAC Certification of Paints – State Registration Certificate (SGR)
Paints require mandatory certification in order to be imported to EACU countries (Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan). It is necessary to obtain a State Registration Certificate (SGR), also known as EAC hygienic or sanitary certificate. This document confirms the conformity of the products with the sanitary-hygienic regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The following documents are required to obtain SGR for paints:
- Application (prepared by our managers);
- Applicant’s statutory documents (if we are the applicant, then our documents);
- Power of attorney, local representative contract (applicant-manufacturer), letters of conformity of products - we prepare, the manufacturer and the applicant sign;
- Certificate of Composition / Ingredients List / Certificate of Ingredients;
- Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS);
- Technical Data Sheet (TDS) or Operating Manual in Russian;
- Certificates ISO (if available);
- Test samples
- Labels in Russian;
- Raw material specifications (on request).
SGR is issued within 2,5-3 months after all the required documents and samples are provided to the laboratory. However, the certification process might take less or more time depending on the type of imported product.
State Registration Certificate does not have a limited validity period. Therefore, it can be used for import without any time constraints unless the composition of the product is changed.
Please note that we don’t recommend to specify colors of the paints in the SGR form due to several reasons:
- it will limit the validity of the SGR form to specific colors
- in case of specifying colors in the Certificate it will be necessary to conduct tests on each color. Consequently, additional Test Reports will be required which will increase the final cost
A letter from an appointed certification body will be required for the import and custom clearance of test samples. WWG team will be happy to help you with obtaining the letter and dealing with customs clearance.
Moreover, please be aware that according to EAC legislation a Local representative that is a legal entity or an individual entrepreneur registered in the territory of the Customs Union is required. Our company offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support for the certification procedure in the territory of the Customs Union.
SGR can be issued via laboratories in Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.
WWG is always glad to help you obtain a State Registration Certificate for paints, and any other documents for import of products to the Customs Union.
Please send your requests at firstname.lastname@example.org