Case study: EAC certification of Ex-proof Butterfly valves TR CU 032/2013 and TR CU 012/2011
WWG is experienced in certification of various types of machinery and equipment. Based upon this experience, we post in our news block typical certification cases. This time we would like to tell about certification of ex-proof butterfly valves.
Product: Ex-proof butterfly valves
Sometimes we receive requests for certification of valves which are designed for use in hazardous area. In such case, not only approval for the Technical regulation of the Customs Union (TR CU 032/2013 EAC) “On safety of products operating under excessive pressure” should be obtained but also a Certificate of conformity with TR CU 012/2011 EAC “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environments” is applicable.
- Certificate or Declaration of conformity with CU TR 032/2013 “On safety of the equipment operating under excessive pressure” – PED (the type of approval depends on product characteristics (pressure, diameter, medium, working environment group, temperature etc.); that is why when processing an inquiry we ask to complete our Request form 032);
- Certificate of conformity with CU TR 012/2011 “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environments”
Documents needed for TR CU 032 (PED):
- Application (completed by WWG, verified by Local representative*);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative* (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter);
- Technical description of all declared products in Russian – we can assist with translation for an additional charge;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepare by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative).
*In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all TR CU require a Local representative that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
The list of necessary documents for TR CU 032/2013 to be provided in Russian:
- Product passport (Technical passport), in accordance with the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 032/2013 (we can help to elaborate);
- Operating manual, in accordance with the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 032/2013 (we can help to elaborate)
- Safety justification (we can help to elaborate);
- General photo of the product and the photo of the nameplate/identification label with serial number (for the test report), the expert may take this photo during the site audit;
- Strength calculations (we can help to elaborate);
- Samples may be required and/ or production site audit (in case of Certificate).
Additional documents required for TR CU 012 (Ex-proof):
- Normative and technical documents for manufactured products (signed assembly drawings indicating the used materials and parameters of explosion protection, operating documentation, photos);
- User manual in Russian in accordance with TR CU requirements (if needed, we can help with elaboration or translation for an additional charge);
- ATEX, iECEx certificates;
- Sample can be required.
Please note that Operating manual for TR CU 032/2013 and User manual for TR CU 012/2011 should be elaborated according to different standards and contain different information on the product.
Moreover, in case of certification of serial production, both Certificate TR CU 032/2013 and Certificate TR CU 012/2011 require the site audit to the manufacturing site. The experts from different laboratories will perform the audit. We had experience in combining two site audits in one day to optimize the time and money consuming. You can read more about this experience here.
How long does it take to issue TR CU 032/2013 & TR CU 012/2011 Certificate and Declaration?
Lead time for Declaration is 10-15 days, after providing all the necessary documentation and test samples to the lab; tests – 15-20 days
Lead time for Certificate TR CU 032/2013 is 20-25 working days, after providing all the necessary documentation, site audit and samples tests; tests – 15-20 days (testing can be performed during the site audit).
Lead time for Certificate TR CU 012/2011 is 45 working days, after providing all the necessary documentation, site audit and samples tests; tests – 15-20 days (non-electric testing can be usually performed during the site audit)
Certificate and declaration can be obtained for a period maximum of 5 years or for a batch.
Please send your requests to email@example.com