Case study: EAC Certification of Cable Glands (TR CU 012) | WWG
WWG has a wide experience in certification of different equipment. In order to show what documents may be required for different types of equipment, we describe recent cases of certification and our solutions.
Product: Flameproof & Explosion-Proof Cable glands, also known as cord grip, cable strain relief, cable connector or cable fitting
Some cable glands can be used in Ex-proof areas (Hazardous location). Hazardous Area Cable Glands like other Haz Loc products are required to be certified in accordance with Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environment” (TR CU 012/2011 EAC).
Certificate of conformity with CU TR 012/2011 “On safety of the equipment operating in hazardous environments”
Documents needed for TR CU 012 (Haz loc):
- Applications (prepared by WWG);
- Copy of Local representative* company’s statutory documents (our documents if WWG is applicant);
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident);
- Normative and technical documents for manufactured products (signed assembly drawings indicating the used materials and parameters of explosion protection, operating documentation, photos);
- User manual in Russian in accordance with TR CU requirements (if needed, we can help with elaboration or translation for an additional charge);
- ATEX, iECEx certificates.
* In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all TR CU require a Local representative that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
How long does it take to issue the TR CU 012 Ex-proof Certificate?
It takes about 45 days to obtain the certificate but we recommend starting the process earlier taking into account time required for factory (production site) audit and sample test.
The maximum validity of the certificate is 5 years.
For more information about your product, please send us the following details to email@example.com:
- Product name
- HS code
- Product description (manual, data sheets or catalogues)
- ATEX or IECEx certificates / Ex-proof markings
Please read more about EAC TR CU 012 here