Case Study: EAC Certification For Dietary Supplements and Sports Nutrition – State Registration Certificate (Hygienic)
Dietary supplements used by sportsmen or simply those who do care about their health require mandatory certification in order to be imported to EACU countries (Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan).
Please note that sports nutrition from a number of countries, including the EU, is not allowed to be imported to Russia in accordance with the Resolution N 778 by the Government of Russia. Nevertheless, it is possible to certify certain sports nutrition as dietary supplements in case product composition allows this.
If you are willing to start importing your dietary supplements to EACU countries, it is necessary to obtain a State Registration Certificate (SGR), also known as EAC hygienic or sanitary certificate.
The following documents are required to obtain a State Registration Certificate for dietary supplements:
- Application (prepared by our managers);
- Applicant’s statutory documents (if we are applicant, then our documents);
- Power of attorney, local representative contract (applicant-manufacturer), letters of conformity of products - we prepare, the manufacturer and the applicant sign;
- Certificate of Composition / Ingredients List / Certificate of Ingredients;
- Free sale certificate (original / notarized copy);
- Flow chart of the production / manufacturing process (diagram);
- Certificate of analysis (СОА);
- Certificates GMP & ISO 22000 (when available from the manufacturer);
- Test samples (number of packages not less than 4 pcs., total weight not less than 400 g);
- Product label;
- Raw material specifications (on request).
Hygienic certificate is issued within 2,5-3 months, nevertheless, the certification process might take less or more time depending on the type of imported product. State Registration Certificate does not have a limited validity period, therefore, it can be used for import without any time constraints.
A letter from an appointed certification body will be required for the import and custom clearance of test samples. WWG team will be happy to help you with obtaining the letter and dealing with customs clearance.
Please be aware that based on EAC legislation only residents of the Customs Union can submit applications to certification body. If your company is not registered in EACU countries, WWG offers Local representative service, and will be pleased to submit all necessary documents on your behalf.
WWG is always glad to help you obtain a State Registration Certificate for dietary supplements, and any other documents for import of products to the Customs Union.
If you are willing to launch your certification procedure, or have any questions regarding EAC certification, please contact us at email@example.com