Update on Standards for TR CU on Explosion-Proof Equipment (Haz Loc TR CU 012)
On May 15, 2020, a public discussion began on the draft decision of the EEC Board with the Program for the development and revision of interstate standards for the technical regulation “On the safety of equipment operating in hazardous environments” (EAC TR CU 012 Ex-Proof Equipment). The discussion is planned for 30 days and should end by June 14, 2020.
These are the standards to comply with TR CU 012/2011 and conduct conformity assessment of explosion-proof equipment.
The program under discussion includes 8 items, 7 of them provide for the development of GOST Standards and one more for the introduction of changes to GOST 31610.11-2014 "Explosive atmospheres. Part 11. Equipment with the type of protection "intrinsically safe electrical circuit “i”. As for the development of interstate standards, these will be GOST Standards for:
- equipment units;
- equipment with type of explosion protection “n”;
- test methods and characteristics of substances for the classification of gas and vapor;
- application of quality systems for the production of Ex-equipment;
- electrical safety devices to monitor potential sources of ignition of explosion-proof equipment;
- intrinsic safety systems for electrical equipment for explosive gas atmospheres;
- test methods and material characteristics for the classification of combustible gases and vapors.
Drafts of all of these standards should be developed in 2020-2021. Russia is responsible for the preparation of 4 documents, the development of three more is entrusted to Kazakhstan. A draft with changes to the designated GOST (taking into account IEC standards) should also be prepared by Russia during 2020 and 2021.
Please send your requests to email@example.com