Upcoming Changes to the TR CU 010 for Machinery and Equipment
Starting from January 27, 2020, EAEU commission will hold a public review on a draft amendment to the technical regulation of the Customs Union “On the Safety of Machines and Equipment” (TR CU 010/2011).
The new revision aims to solve 2 big problems based on the results of its application:
- The establishment of forms, schemes and procedures for assessing the conformity of equipment on the basis of new standard certification and declaration schemes approved by the decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission (ECE) No. 44 of April 18, 2018.
- Bringing the rules of the regulation regarding the preparation of certificates and declarations in accordance with the Protocol on technical regulation in the EAEU (Appendix No. 9 to the EAEU Agreement of May 29, 2014).
It is planned to completely set out several articles in a new edition of the regulation related to equipment conformity assessment:
- Ensuring compliance with safety requirements (article 6).
- Conformity assessment (article 7).
- The procedure for declaring the conformity of machines and (or) equipment (article 8).
- Study of the types of machines and (or) equipment (article 9).
- The procedure for certification of machinery and (or) equipment (article 10).
The draft amendments included a unified approach to the implementation of conformity assessment in the EAEU, including the analysis of evidence-based materials, identification and sampling of products, production assessment, issuance, suspension, or termination of conformity assessment documents, their storage, as well as inspection control.
The public review of the document is planned to be finished on April 10, 2020.
You can learn more about TR CU 010 here.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org