TR CU 004/2011: Cable EAC Сertificate in 2019
Technical regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of low-voltage equipment” (TR СU 004/2011 LVD) applies to electric products put into circulation within the territory of the Eurasian Customs Union. Electric products covered by this TR CU include equipment used at a nominal voltage of 50 up to 1000 V alternate current and of 75 up to 1500 V direct current.
TR CU 004/2011 can apply to the following products:
- Cables, wires and cords;
- Lighting equipment;
- Home electronics;
- PC and office appliances, video & audio equipment etc.
WWG has a wide experience in certification of cables. Let us describe the process of obtaining TR CU Certificate on low-voltage cables:
- In order to export low-voltage cables to the Eurasian Customs Union, certificate of conformity with Technical Regulation of the Customs Union “On safety of low-voltage equipment” (ТR СU 004/2011) should be obtained. TR CU 004/2011 Certificate is valid in all countries of the Customs Union (Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan).
Cables under higher voltage require mandatory GOST R certification since no related Technical Regulation of the Customs Union has gone into effect yet. Note that GOST R certificate is valid only in Russia.
- TR CU certificate requires an Applicant (Local representative) that is a legal entity or an individual entrepreneur registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers a Local representative service (Applicant service) to provide foreign manufacturers with the necessary support during the certification procedure.
The list of what is needed to apply for TR CU LVD certificate is as follows:
- Detailed technical datasheet that contains information about operating voltage, field of application, cable sheath thickness, number of cores, cable laying (single, group), etc.;
- Technical passport with low-voltage tests and test methods on fire safety. Thus, mandatory Fire Safety certificate is not required since fire safety tests will be conducted while obtaining TR CU low-voltage certificate. A voluntary Fire Safety certificate can be issued if needed;
- Site audit (may be required);
- Factory documents translated into Russian;
- Cable samples to be tested in a Russian laboratory.
This list can be reviewed since we study each certification request individually with a number of experts looking for the optimal solution for each customer.
Cable certification may seem a complicated procedure thus we recommend using WWG services to make this process much more efficient for you.
If you have a current request for cable certification, please send us the following information to email@example.com:
- Product name,
- HS code,
- Technical description with detailed information (operating voltage, field of application, cable sheath thickness, number of cores, cable laying (single, group)),
- Fireproof characteristics.