Technical Regulation 037/2016 (EAC RoHS) | RoHS Russia 2020
Technical regulation of the Customs Union 037/2016 “On restriction of use of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics” (RoHS) has been established in March 1st 2018.
From March 2018 this TR CU has a transition period and will become mandatory from March 1st 2020.
The regulation restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products. The restricted materials are hazardous to the environment and pollute landfills, and are dangerous in terms of occupational exposure during manufacturing and recycling.
The list of products that are subject to TR CU 037/2016 (RoHS) includes:
- Electric devices for domestic use: fridges, laundry machines, AC systems, vacuum cleaners, etc;
- Computers and similar devices: PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, routers etc;
- Telecommunication products: phones, fax machines, radios;
- Electric machines and equipment: drills, electric saws, welding machines;
- Luminaires and lights;
- Electric musical instruments;
- Gaming machines;
- Fire alarms
TR CU 037/2016 (RoHS) does not apply to the following products:
- Electrical devices and radio electronics intended for use at a rated voltage of more than 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC, unless otherwise mentioned in Appendix N 1 to this technical regulation;
- Electrical devices intended solely for use as components of electrical equipment not included in the list provided for in Appendix N 1 to this technical regulation;
- Electric toys;
- Photovoltaic panels (solar panels), which are part of the electrical products and radio electronics;
- Electrical devices intended for use as part of ground and orbital space objects;
- Electrical equipment intended exclusively for use in air, water, land and underground transport;
- Electric batteries and accumulators, including those put into circulation on the territory of the Union as part of electrical products;
- Electrical devices of second-use;
- Measuring instruments;
- Medical devices
The validity of the declaration of conformity for electrical devices and radio electronics of serial production, is not more than 5 years.
The list of hazardous substances, the content of which exceeds the allowed concentration in products according to TR CU 037/2016 is prohibited:
|Name of the hazardous substance|
Permissible concentration of a hazardous substance in homogeneous (homogeneous) materials in weight percent
Not more than
4. Hexavalent chrome
5. Polybrominated biphenyls
6. Polybrominated diphenylethers
WWG can help you obtain necessary TR CU 037/2016 based on manufacture’s RoHS test reports.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org