QR code, digital marking of shoes in Russia
Starting from July 1, 2019, every pair of shoes imported to Russia should have its unique qr code.
It is essential to have marking on every box in order to pass customs clearance smoothly.
Qr codes help to track the items and should be scanned when the product is sold to the customer.
Only a distributor (a taxpayer in the Russian Federation, officially registered legal entity) can assign qr code using special equipment that generates the codes.
Moreover, since the code is assigned through special equipment - the emission recorder - all the shoes that have been assigned markings are transferred to the balance of this company, then the products are to be sold through either wholesale or retail.
Steps of coding:
- The manufacturer and the distributor agree on the batch list - with the sizes and colors specified,
- Distributer registers codes,
- The manufacturer prints these codes on a printer (there is a number of recommended models),
- One code - one sticker for pair of shoes,
- Put on the box (for easy reading),
- In addition to the code on the label, other information (in different languages) can be specified,
- Scanning the code is a mandatory step when selling the shoes at the checkout.
Feel free to send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org