New Marking Requirements for Light Industry Products for Russia | 2021
Starting from January 1st 2021 new marking requirements for light industry products for Russia take effect. Certain items of light industry products will need to be marked with a special matrix code before they are imported in Russia and released into the Russian market.
The HS codes of light industry products that are subject to new marking requirements are:
- 4203 10 000 – Garments, including work clothes, made of natural or composite leather;
- 6106 – Blouses and shirts, knitted or crocheted, for women or girls;
- 6201 – Coats, short coats, capes, raincoats, jackets (including ski), windbreakers, windbreakers and the like, for men or boys;
- 6202 – Coats, short coats, capes, raincoats, jackets (including ski jackets), windbreakers, windbreakers and similar articles for women or girls;
- 6302 – Bed linen, table linen, toilet and kitchen linen.
Light industry products with HS codes from this list should be marked before they are shipped to Russia.
Codes for marking need to be obtained by a Russian importer. After an importer receives the codes, a manufacturer or an exporter should then use them to mark the items.
In order to receive a code for marking an importer should visit Russian National Digital Marking System:
- Register on the website
- Provide information on imported items
- Order codes for the items
Marking can be applied directly on a product or can be labeled using sew-on labels or hanging labels.
The regulation is mandatory starting from January 1st 2021.
Light industry products exported to Russia and other countries of Eurasian Customs Union are also subject to Technical Regulation of the Customs Union 017/2011 “On safety of light industry products. WWG can help you receive necessary certification of conformity with this technical regulation for your light industry products.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org