EAC TR CU 004/2011 LVD: Updated List of Products | April 2023
On April 16, 2023, the decision of the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) No. 29 dated March 14, 2023, which approved a new version of the list of products subject to mandatory assessment of compliance with the requirements of TR CU 004/2011 "On the safety of low-voltage equipment", comes into force.
New items have been added to the section of electrical appliances and household appliances for which a certificate TR CU 004 is required:
- In the group of devices for gardening - electric plows (HS code 8425 31 000 0)
- In the group of sanitary and hygienic appliances - hydromassage bathtubs (HS code 9019 10 900 1)
- In the group of devices for hair, nail and skin care - manicure and pedicure devices (HS Code 8509 80 000 0)
The section of electrical and household appliances that now require a TR CU 004 certificate also has 2 new groups:
- Automatic control devices for household electrical equipment
- Consoles and control panels, controllers
The list also includes a new section with electric heating tools, for which a certificate is required. At the same time, the section with electrified tools (hand-held and portable electric machines), which previously fell under mandatory certification, was excluded from the list.
According to the updated list, the following equipment categories are not subject to TR CU 004/2011 LVD:
- Parts of the control devices for pasture hedges
- Equipment specially designed for use on air, water, land and underground vehicles
- Products specially designed to ensure safety in the field of the use of atomic energy
- Equipment that was used before
- Included in the scope and subject to confirmation of compliance with the requirements of the technical regulations of the Customs Union "On the safety of machinery and equipment" (TR CU 010/2011), "Safety of elevators" (TR CU 011/2011) and "On the safety of equipment for operation in explosive environments" (TR CU 012/2011), except for cables, wires, cords
- Manufactured by legal entities and individuals registered as individual entrepreneurs, not intended for circulation in the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union, transfer free of charge, rental, hire or lease
- Relating to medical devices
- Relating to defense products to ensure the interests of defense and security, including those supplied under the state defense order.
Please see the full text of the decision in Russian with all details here.
Please send your requests at email@example.com to learn the costs, execution period and conditions for TR CU 004 LVD.