Case study: EAC Certification of Liquid Analyzer TR CU 020/2011 (EMC) | WWG
WWG has extensive experience in providing necessary EAC approvals for various equipment and devices. We are pleased to share our experience in the form of case studies that we regularly post on our website.
In this article we would like to draw upon the certification process of liquid analyzers. Liquid analyzer is a device that is used to make quantitative liquid properties measurements. In other words, liquid analyzer allows determining composition of a liquid and its other characteristics.
Product: Liquid analyzer
In order to import such equipment as a liquid analyzer to Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, a Declaration of conformity with the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union (EEU) “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means” (TR CU 020/2011 “EMC”) can be required. The exact set of approvals should be specified as soon as HS code is provided.
This document complies with the Directive 2014/30/EU on electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of the European Union.
Depending on the HS code and technical characteristics of the liquid analyzer, it might be subject to Declaration conformity with TR CU 020/2011 “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means”.
Documents needed for TR CU 020 (EMC):
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative* (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter);
- Technical description of all declared products in Russian – WWG can assist with translation;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by WWG, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative).
- Product photo;
- ISO certificate (if any);
- Certificates and declarations of conformity with the EU Directives (if any).
* In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all TR CU require a Local representative that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
How long does it take to issue TR CU 020/2011 (EMC) Declaration?
Lead time for Declaration is 10-15 working days after the Declaration draft is approved.
The timing of obtaining test reports is 5-15 days after the Declaration is issued.
The maximum validity of the Declaration is 5 years.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org