Case study: EAC Certification of Electrical Transformers TR CU 020 (EMC), TR CU 004 (LVD) and GOST R
The purpose of the current article is to study transformer certification. WWG has implemented a number of certification projects for this type of equipment. We would like to share our experience and outline this case in details.
Before certification, it is determined whether the transformer is low voltage equipment or not.
Low-voltage transformers are those which operate with a voltage of 75 to 1500 V, or with a voltage of 50 to 1000 V with alternating current. Such transformers are subject to the technical regulations of the Customs Union TR CU 004/2011 “On safety of low voltage devices” and TR CU 020/2011 “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means” in the form of declaration, which includes both regulations.
Documents requested for TR CU 020/2011 (EMC) and TR CU 004/2011 (LVD)
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative* (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter);
- Technical description of all declared products in Russian – WWG can assist with translation for additional cost;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by WWG, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative).
- Photo of product or sample – depending on certification scheme;
- ISO certificate (if any);
- Certificates and declarations of conformity with the EU Directives (if any).
In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all Technical Regulations of the Customs Union require a Local representative that is a legal entity or an individual entrepreneur registered in the territory of the Customs Union. Our company offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support for the certification procedure in the territory of the Customs Union. Thus, the Declarations will belong to the manufacturer, not one of the customers.
It takes 10-15 working days to issue a declaration after the draft approval and 5-15 working days to issue test reports. The maximum validity period is 5 years.
If the transformers are high voltage, they fall under the mandatory confirmation of compliance with GOST requirements in the form of a declaration. The maximum validity period of Declaration GOST R is 3 years. This document is applicable only in Russia.
Only a Russian resident legal entity may be an applicant for GOST R declarations.
The following documents are required for the issue of GOST R declaration:
- Technical description;
- Contract, invoice or specification in case of supply certification;
- Samples for testing – depending on certification scheme
The lead time is 5 – 10 working days.
WWG can assist you with a complete process of EAC certification of Transformers.
Please send your requests to email@example.com