Russian RoHS comes into force on March 1, 2018
New Technical Regulation of the Customs Union «On limiting the use of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics» (TR CU 037/2016) comes into force on March 1, 2018.
This technical regulation establishes the requirements limiting the use of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics, such as:
- Electrical devices for household use
- Electronic computers, copiers and other electrical office equipment
- Telecommunication equipment
- Light equipment
- Gaming and vending machines
- Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and / or DC, except for fiber optic cables
- Fire, security and fire alarms etc.
The following products fall into the exceptions:
- High voltage equipment
- Measurement instruments
- Medical devices
- Batteries and electric accumulators
To ensure that manufacturers have enough time to change the production technology, the transition period will be until March 1, 2020. The new regulations will be valid in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.
The maximum validity of both Declaration and Certificate of conformity is 5 years.
If you have an inquiry please send it to email@example.com