Russian Authorities Approved Project of EAC TR CU On Safety of High Voltage Equipment
Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade has accepted the project of EAC Technical Regulation “On safety of high voltage equipment”. The project of this technical regulation implies the establishment of mandatory requirements for high voltage equipment including the procedure of compliance confirmation.
Previously, EAEU commission held public discussion of this technical regulation from April to August 2018.
Technical Regulation “On safety of high voltage equipment” will apply to electric equipment with nominal voltage more than 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC designed for production, conversion and distribution of electrical energy or for use in transmission of electrical energy.
Such equipment includes:
- switches, including reclosers;
- cables, cable accessories;
- power capacitors;
- complete transformer substations;
- complete switchgears;
- nonlinear surge arresters;
- circuit breakers;
- semiconductor power converters;
- disconnectors and grounding conductors;
- high voltage resistors;
- transformers of current, voltage;
- electrical products intended for use in the transmission of electrical energy (uninsulated wires for overhead power lines, linear fittings).
- other high voltage equipment
The project implies mandatory compliance confirmation of high voltage equipment by a mean of a declaration of conformity using declaration schemes: 3d, 4d, 5d or 6d. By demand of an applicant, declaration of conformity can be substituted by certificate of conformity using certification schemes: 1c, 3c or 4c.
Currently, there is no common technical regulation on safety of high voltage equipment that is applied by each EAEU country. Each country member has its own unique high voltage regulation. For example, high voltage equipment supplied to Russia is subject to Russian GOST R regulation for high voltage equipment.
WWG will continue to keep you updated on this subject.
Please send your requests to email@example.com