Responsibilities of Applicant
According to rules and regulations of the Customs Union, only legal entity or an individual entrepreneur registered in the territory of the Customs Union can apply for EAC (TR CU) Declarations and Certificates. Our company offers the Local representative service (Applicant service) to provide foreign producers with the necessary support for the certification procedure.
However it is important to note that Applicant is responsible for the authenticity of the information in EAC documents.
The Code of the Russian Federation on Administrative Offenses states the following:
- False declaration is punishable by a fine for legal entities from 1500 to 7000 Euro;
- False declaration that resulted into threat or damage caused to citizens’ life or health, property, environment, etc., is punishable by a fine from 10 000 to 14 000 Euro.
The Criminal Code of the Russian Federation states the following:
- Production, storage, transportation or sale of goods and products, execution of work or provision of services that do not meet the requirements of life and health safety, as well as illegal issuing or use of a Certificate / Declaration may be subject to imprisonment for up to 2 years;
- The same applies to goods for children as well as goods that caused grievous bodily harm or death. Punishment for that may be imprisonment for up to 6 years;
- Unlawful use of a Certificate / Declaration, sale, storage or transportation of products unsafe for people using a Declaration, that was obtained deliberately illegal, issued to another person or to other goods, will be qualified as a crime under Art. 238 of the Criminal Code. The minimum penalty is a fine of 4000 Euro, the maximum is imprisonment for up to 10 years.
In accordance with Art. 238 of the Russian Criminal Code, individual entrepreneurs and heads of enterprises and organizations that are indicated as Applicant in EAC bear responsibility.
Thus, we gave you an understanding of the entire Applicant’s responsibility. WWG has successfully finished a wide range of certification projects, being Applicant in most cases.
If you have an inquiry, please send it to email@example.com