Main objectives, challenges and plans for development of a unified technical regulation system in the EAEU were discussed
The Committee of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry on Technical Regulation, Standardization and Product Quality held a meeting where discussed a number of issues:
- Modern GOST standards for technical regulations (in particular, with test methods);
- Improving the efficiency of work on conformity assessment and accreditation;
- Interaction of state control bodies on compliance with the regulatory requirements;
- System that informs about products that do not comply with the regulatory requirements of the EAEU.
Main objectives of the technical regulation system were highlighted during the discussion, such as protection of the EAEU market from unsafe products, elimination of technical barriers to mutual trade, as well as improvement of quality and competitiveness of products manufactured in the Customs Union.
There is also number of problems that have to be handled, such as:
- Delays in the adoption of technical regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU);
- Lack of a mechanism for preventing unreasonable issuance of certificates and declarations of conformity.
There were also discussed closest plans in developing of a unified technical regulation system, such as, signing an agreement on harmonization of regulations in EACU countries in the field of state control to comply with the requirements of the TR CU and launching a pilot project of informing about products that do not meet technical regulations.
Please send your requests to email@example.com