Fire Safety certification in Russia
Fire Safety Certificate is an official document which confirms compliance of the products with the Russian national fire safety standards and regulations.
The purpose of this certification is to classify products according to their flammability properties (for example, with regard to flammability, production of toxic substances in the event of fire etc.). Fire Safety Certificate is an official proof which confirms that fire regulations such as resistance to fire and functional safety as well as the precautions against the formation of toxic gases are observed.
The following products may require mandatory fire safety certification:
- Fire safety and firefighting equipment
- Equipment and materials used in the construction of evacuation systems and hazardous areas
- Electro-technical equipment
- Heat-generating equipment
- Fire extinguishers
- Certain substances and materials (insulation materials, various synthetic materials, clothing, floor coverings, plastic sheeting, roofing materials etc.)
- Certain construction materials (constructions materials with a fire safety function, cable ducts, synthetic construction materials, e.g. window profiles, smoke extractors etc.)
- Certain electronic products (cables with insulation, heating cables, refrigerators with compressors etc.).
Fire Safety Certificate may be either mandatory or voluntary depending on the type of the product. The maximum validity of the certificate is 5 years.
Please note that foreign manufacturer may be the applicant for Fire Safety certificate.
Usually, Fire Safety Certificate is issued by certification bodies accredited in Russia. However, in some cases, only EMERCOM (Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations) has exclusive accreditation rights to issue your fire safety certificate (for example, for complex and sophisticated fire protection systems).
According to our experience, it takes from 2 to 4 weeks for a Fire Safety certificate to be issued.
If you have any current inquiry, please send us the following information to email@example.com:
- Product name
- HS code
- Product description (manual, data sheets or catalogues)