EAC TR CU 041/2017 “On Safety of Chemical Products” Entry into Force Postponed to November 2022
Initially, the new Technical regulation of the Eurasian Economic Union TR CU (EAEU) 041/2017 “On safety of chemical products” was planned to come into force on June 2, 2021. However, due to delays in creating a unified chemical product register and incompliance with the Decision No. 19 dated March 3, 2017, it was decided to postpone the TR CU (EAEU) 041/2017 entry into force to at least November 30, 2022.
This technical regulation has been developed in order to:
- Establish uniform requirements for chemical products that are mandatory for application and fulfillment;
- Ensure free distribution of chemical products in the Customs Union;
- Define identification rules of chemical products;
- Determine requirements for chemical product terminology;
- Develop marking and rules for its application to chemical products.
The entry into force of the TR CU (EAEU) 041/2017 was postponed in accordance with the Letter No. 28726/13 dated 09.04.2021. Currently, the development of the requirements is at the final stage. It was decided to extend the transition period between the adoption of the technical regulation and its entry into force to 2,5 years. This decision was made to avoid a number of risks that domestic and international businesses could have faced, such as:
- Impossibility of passing the procedures for the notification of new chemicals and the permitting registration of chemicals in a timely manner;
- Impossibility of including chemical products in the register of chemical substances and mixtures in order to undergo notification registration, due to the lack of procedures;
- Unwillingness of copyright holders to disclose the composition of chemical mixtures, which is a commercial secret.
It was preliminary agreed to postpone the entry into force until November 30, 2022: “In paragraph 4 of the Decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated March 3, 2017 No. 19 "On the technical regulations of the Eurasian Economic Union “On the safety of chemical products” (TR CU 041/2017) the words “June 2, 2021” shall be replaced with the words “November 30, 2022” ”.
WWG will keep you updated on the news regarding TR CU (EAEU) 041/2017.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org