EAC Certification of Forklifts TR CU 010/2011 | WWG
Since 2013, mandatory certification of lifting equipment is based on the technical regulations of the Customs Union 010/2011. It establishes safety requirements for all types of machinery and equipment, including forklifts.
The requirement for certification of lifting equipment is stated in Appendix No. 3 to TR CU 010/2011 “On safety of machinery and equipment”. The specified normative act provides that the safety assessment of such equipment is carried out in the form of a certificate of compliance with the requirements of this technical regulation.
To obtain TR CU 010/2011, it is mandatorily required to present Safety Justification. It is a document containing risk analysis during equipment usage. If a manufacturer already obtained a Safety Justification, it should be agreed with a certification body beforehand. If no, WWG can issue this document for your equipment.
It takes from 7 to 10 working days to issue a Safety Justification.
A production site audit is needed to obtain EAC Certificate for this regulation. During the production site audit, the experts will select the samples that will eventually need to be sent to the laboratory. If the equipment is very huge, sample testing is carried out at the production site.
Documents requested for TR CU 010/2011 “On safety of machinery and equipment”
- Safety justification – WWG can assist with elaboration of the document;
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter);
- Technical description of all declared products in Russian – WWG can assist with translation for an additional cost;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by WWG, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative).
- Sample for testing and (or) Production site audit;
- ISO certificate (if any);
- Certificates and declarations of conformity with the EU Directives (if any).
It takes 15-20 working days to obtain a Certificate after sample testing and site audit production are conducted.
The maximum validity period is 5 years.
In some cases, TR CU 004/2011 “On safety of low voltage devices” and TR CU 020/2011 “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means” may be added to this regulation.
WWG will continue to keep you updated on this subject.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org