Changes to the TR CU 018/2011 “On the Safety of Wheeled Vehicles”
The public discussion of the draft amendments to TR CU 018/2011 “On the safety of wheeled vehicles” will start on March 21, 2020. Please read more about TR CU 018/2011.
The elaboration of the amendments to the Technical Regulation is aimed at:
- Improving the active, passive and environmental safety of vehicles and their components.
- Ordering the list of products, establishing safety standards and conformity assessment.
- Reducing the expenses of manufacturers and importers to issue permits.
- Updating the TR in accordance with amendments to the main Articles of Customs Union, which were approved after its entry into force.
- Implementation of electronic document circulation registration of conformity.
In order to avoid duplication, the main definitions will be taken from the Test report on Technical Regulation within the EEU (Annex No. 9 to the EEU Treaty of May 29, 2014). In addition, a number of terms are allocated directly to the regulations, such as “gas diesel”, “load capacity”, “dual-fuel engine” and so on.
Permits for conformity assessment issued on paper and electronically will have equal legal force. However, it will not be possible to issue both versions at the same time.
There was also immediately prepared a draft of amendments to the decision of the Customs Union Commission No. 877 of December 9, 2011, which had adopted TR CU 018/2011. This draft stipulates that certificates for devices and systems for calling emergency services and their installation on vehicles, issued before the upcoming changes take effect, will remain valid until the expiration of the period specified in them.
Until December 31, 2021 it is necessary to elaborate a provision on an integrated electronic document management system for the assessment of conformity of wheeled vehicles.
Amendments to the list of standards of TR CU 018/2011 are also under consideration.
The review of the draft edits should be finished by May 20, 2020.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org