Changes in Lists of Products of TR CU 004/2011 (LVD), TR CU 020/2011 (EMC) and TR CU 037/2016 (RoHS)
On March 26, 2021, the Board of the Eurasian Economic Commission has officially published amendments introduced into the product lists of three Technical Regulations of the Customs Union at once. The changes of product lists are introduced in respect of the following technical regulations:
- TR CU 004/2011 "On the safety of low-voltage equipment" (LVD);
- TR CU 020/2011 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment" (EMC);
- TR CU 037/2016 "On the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic products" (RoHS).
One of the most significant changes is the adding of a new HS code to all three lists - 8539 50 000. This code is placed in the paragraph with light sources and lighting equipment after the code "8539 31". According to the product nomenclature, this code refers to light-emitting diode lamps (LED lamps).
The list of low-voltage equipment that requires mandatory approval obtainment and confirmation of compliance with TR CU 004/2011 was approved on April 24, 2013. It consists of 9 groups of equipment, among which are:
- Home appliances (washing machines, ironers, pumps);
- Power tools (drills, electric saws, emery wheels);
- Electrical distribution equipment (electromagnetic starters, circuit breakers), and other groups of equipment.
The list of products subject to conformity assessment in accordance with the technical regulations for electromagnetic compatibility (TR CU 020/2011) was adopted on January 16, 2014, and includes 5 groups that partially coincide with the LVD list. Among them are:
- PCs and devices connected to PCs (printers, scanners, monitors);
- Home appliances (sewing machines, lightning);
- Electrical music instruments;
- Power tools (press tools, grinders), etc.
Lastly, the list of products that fall under TR CU 037/2016 was approved on October 16, 2018. There are 12 groups in this list, some of which coincide with the two above. For instance:
- Photocopiers and other office equipment;
- Lightning (electrical lamps, projectors, garland lights);
- Slot and vending machines;
- Fire & security alarms, and other products.
If you are willing to launch your certification procedure or have any questions regarding EAC certification, please contact us at email@example.com