Case study: Metrology certification in Russia
Recently, we had a case of obtaining Metrology Pattern Approval (MPA) for Evaluation kits. We decided to describe this process as it is one of the most difficult certification processes in Russia.
Applicant: any Russian company or foreign manufacturer
Lead time: 6 months
The list of necessary documents for MPA:
- Registry and incorporation documents of the Applicant (Russian resident);
- Operating documents (Technical passport, operation manual, guidance, drawings) – in Russian
- Power of attorney from manufacturers allowing to represent their interests when obtaining Metrology pattern approval for measurement instrument;
- 2 samples of these devices with the best measurement accuracy*;
- ISO certificates (if available);
- Certificates and Declaration of conformity to EU directives (if available);
- Copy of Declaration TR CU 020/2011 “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means” – we obtained it earlier.
The process of MPA issuing was as follows:
- At first, the samples were sent to WWG. We recommend sending them as simple samples of the product, without specification to avoid customs clearance of the product. As soon as the samples were sent, the client forwarded us the scanned copy of the delivery note filled by the sender. It is necessary in case the customs have any questions regarding the shipment.
- In order to issue MPA, three documents should be elaborated: Test program, Type description and Verification procedure. These documents were elaborated by the expert in Russian in accordance with specific requirements. The information was based on operating documents of the manufacturer translated in Russian. WWG assisted with translation.
- Once this was done, we elaborated the Test program, Type description and Verification procedure. Then, we translated it in English to agree with the client. When the documents were elaborated and sample was received, the experts started testing of the product.
- As soon as the tests were finished, we corrected Type description and Verification procedure according to the test results, translated them in English and agreed with the manufacturer.
- Then, we sent all required documents to VNIIMS (All-Russian Research Institute of Metrological Service).
- They examined the documents within a month and filed documents with Rosstandart (Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology). The lead time of review and issue an order to register this product as a measurement instrument was up to 40 working days.
- After the order was issued, the official form was signed within 2 weeks and then we received the hard copy of MPA.
If you have any request, please send it to email@example.com