Case study: EAC TR CU 020, FAC and FSS approvals for Bluetooth Hands Free System
WWG has a wide experience in certification of different types of devices. We share our experience in certification cases to demonstrate which solution we found in a specific project. This time we would like to tell about certification of Bluetooth Telecommunication block.
Product: Bluetooth Hands Free System (telecommunication block)
Telecommunication block is a hands-free interface to Bluetooth enabled devices. By connecting to the vehicle bus and radio, the user can interact with a fully integrated system.
- Declaration TR CU 020/2011 “Electromagnetic compatibility of technical means”
- FSS Notification
- Telecom (FAC) declaration
Documents needed for TR CU 020:
- Application (completed by WWG, verified by Local representative*);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative* (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter);
- Technical description in Russian – we can assist with translation for an additional charge;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative* (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepare by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative).
*In accordance with the decision of the Eurasian Economic Commission it was approved that all TR CU require a Local representative that is a legal entity registered in the territory of the Customs Union. WWG offers the Local representative service to provide foreign producers with the necessary support.
Documents needed for FSS Notification
- Exact list of models/product name;
- Exact name, phone and address of the manufacturer;
- Legalized (by apostille or consular assurance) power of attorney from the manufacturer (see the requirements for PoA).
Documents needed for Telecom (FAC) declaration:
- Application (filled in by us, verified by applicant);
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause;
- Technical description;
- CE test reports (if available).
How long does it take to issue TR CU 020, FSS Notification and Telecom (FAC) declaration?
Lead time for Declaration is 10-15 days, after providing all the necessary documentation and test samples to the lab; tests – 15-20 days.
Lead time for FSS Notification is up to 15 days after power of attorney is received. However, in practice it takes about a month to issue FSS notification since one of the documents required is apostilled and notarized power of attorney (POA) from the manufacturer to the Local representative (WWG or other company) certifying that the Local representative may submit documents to FSS and register notification for certain equipment. From our experience it takes at least 2 weeks for manufacturer to issue and provide us with such POA.
Lead time for Telecom (FAC) declaration is 45 days.
The maximum validity of Declaration TR CU 020/2011 is 5 years. The maximum validity of FSS Notification and Telecom (FAC) declaration is not limited but we recommend indicating no more than 5 years to avoid any question during registration.
Please send your requests to email@example.com