Case study EAC certification of dashcams TR CU 004/2011 “LVD”, TR CU 020/2011 “EMC” and TR CU 037 “ROHS”
When importing dashboard cameras or in the case when you directly manufacture them according to the current legislation, a declaration of conformity is drawn up for the specified products. The products are subject to a declaration if their application is industrial. In such cases, they are mounted on the street, for example, on the wall of a building.
The devices undergo a mandatory assessment of compliance with the requirements established in the relevant technical regulations:
- TR CU 004 / 2011 contains standards for the quality and safe operation of low-voltage equipment.
- TR CU 020 / 2011 sets requirements for electromagnetic compatibility of technical devices.
- TR CU 037/2016 sets requirements on the restriction of the use of hazardous substances in electrical and electronic products
If the declared video equipment is intended for domestic needs or is used in cars, then a certificate of conformity must be issued for it according to the same regulations that are indicated above.
The difference between the two forms of certification lies in the fact that with close contact with people, a certificate allows for a deeper analysis of the dangers that can be triggered in a domestic environment.
Nevertheless, the regulations stipulate the possibility, upon the applicant's decision, to issue a certificate of conformity even for industrial and street video equipment. It does not give any particular advantages from the point of view of legislation. However, in this case, the manufacturer increases the level of representativeness of products in the eyes of customers as well as obtains an opportunity, upon necessity, to convert video cameras and/or video recorders into the category of household ones.
Documents needed to apply for an EAC (TR CU) Declaration and Certificate:
- Application (completed by WWG, verified by a Local representative);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter). If WWG is a Local representative, then our documents. WWG offers a Local representative (Applicant) service for foreign manufacturers;
- Technical description (technical passport, operating manual) – in Russian. We can assist with translations for an additional charge;
- Test sample and site audit for Certificate;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepared by WWG, verified by the manufacturer and a Local representative). If WWG is a Local representative, then we prepare, verify, and the manufacturer verifies;
- ISO certificate (if any);
- Certificates and declarations of conformity with the EU Directives (if any).
For the implementation of the certification or declaration procedure, as well as for all issues related to registration, you can contact us. Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org