Case study: EAC Certification for Data Storage Equipment TR CU 004/2011, TR CU 020/2011 and TR CU 037/2016 | WWG
EAC certification for Data Storage Equipment is not that easy that may seem, but WWG has a wide experience in such cases. Here is a scheme of EAC certification for this type of equipment.
Data Storage Equipment falls under TR CU 004/2011 "On safety of low-voltage equipment" and TR CU 020/2011 "Electromagnetic compatibility of technical equipment", so they require Certificate of conformity with these TR CUs.
Certificate of conformity for serial production requires site audit. As the current epidemiological situation does not require the experts to leave the country, there is a possibility to complete remote checkout, if you can provide a video from the production site.
For Certificate for serial production annual inspection is also required. For 5 years CoC, for instance, there will be 4 annual inspections. Annual inspections are paid upon procedure according to the actual price.
Certificate for a batch does not require remote site audit or annual inspection fee. Certificate/declaration TR CU for a batch is valid for limited number of products according to the delivery contract. The validity term of such document is unlimited. Certificate for a batch requires importer to be an applicant. Moreover, in case of certification for a batch, delivery contract and invoice are the mandatory documents that should be provided to obtain EAC certificate/declaration.
Data Storage Equipment is also subject to TR CU 037/2016 "On restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment" (RoHS) in form of Declaration. Here is the list of basic documents required for EAC TR CU 037/2016, 004/2011 and 020/2011:
- Application (completed by us, verified by Local representative);
- Articles of incorporation of the Local representative (CU resident) (State Registration Certificate, Tax Registration Certificate, Charter). If we act as the Local representative, these are WWG documents;
- Copy of the valid contract with Local representative (CU resident) with the Liability Clause (prepare by us, verified by the manufacturer and the Local representative). If we are the Local representative, then we prepare and verify it by ourselves and the manufacturer;
- Technical description for all products;
- Test reports or other documents that confirm the compliance to the RoHS (if available);
WWG is always glad to assist you with registration of Declarations and Certificates of Conformity with every type of TR CU.