Certification of cables

WWG provides testing and certification services for your cable products. The expert knowledge and experience that we have gained from years of developing cable standards applies the certification process.

It is necessary to comply with EAC quality requirements in order to export cables to the Customs Union. Therefore, a certificate of conformity with Technical Regulation of the Customs Union "On safety of low-voltage equipment" (ТR СU 004/2011) is required. The above regulation covers cables which have the following technical characteristics: voltage up to 1000 V (for AC) and voltage up to 1500 V (for DC). All cables with higher voltage are subject to compulsory GOST R certification (as there is still no related effective Technical Regulation of the Customs Union).

According to TR CU regulation, cables are subject only to TR CU 004/2011 "On safety of low-voltage equipment". However, a certificate is to be issued after conducting fire safety tests. The main problem here is that not all certification authorities have a properly equipped laboratories to conduct such tests. Therefore we strongly recommend you to obtain a Fire Safety certificate on the basis of which it is possible to get a TR CU certificate.

Cable taps are used for different purposes. Depending on technical features of a product, the following approvals may be required:

  1. TR CU "On safety of low-voltage equipment" (ТR СU 004/2011) – if operating voltage is up to 1000 V (for AC) and with voltage up to 1500 V (for DC).

  2. TR CU "On safety of the equipment for operation in explosive environments" (ТR СU 012/2011) – if cable taps are used in corresponding working environment.

Moreover, if operating voltage of cable taps is different from stated above, then a mandatory GOST R certification may be required. The reason for that is lack of effective technical regulation of the Customs Union regarding high-voltage equipment.

Requirements for the certificate:

  1. An applicant – an applicant for a TR CU certificate or declaration may be only a legal resident of the Customs Union. In other words, it means that only a legal entity or an entrepreneur registered either in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia or Kyrgyzstan can apply for certification.

  2. Foundation documents of an applicant

  3. Information about a manufacturer

  4. Technical description and HS code

  5. A contract between a manufacturer and client in the Customs Union or a letter of attorney in the name of an applicant

  6. A sample for testing (if required)

Please send your inquiries to info@wwg.eu.com.
How to get started
WWG has a wide experience in certification of different industrial equipment. In order to show which documents may be required for different types of equipment, we start describing real cases of certification and their solutions.
Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, held the first meeting with John Huntsman, Ambassador of the United States to the Russian Federation, on October 24 in Moscow.
In order to export the furniture to the Customs Union, the products must conform to Technical Regulation of the Customs Union (TR CU 025/2012) “On safety of furniture”.